Hello one and all! It’s been a while!
Turns out recovering from Benin was a little more cumbersome than I had expected. Sure I got plenty of rest, but then I ended up coming down with strep as well so that put me out for a while. I am back now, so thats good!
So, what have I been up to during the time I have been working? Let me show you a small sneak peak.
I uploaded this image on my Facebook several days ago. Essentially it shows a before and after view of the edited footage. On the left is basically straight from the camera (plus some censoring to remove the license plate) and on the right is after the color correction and edit of the picture.
As a result of this, some of my friends in the film world have asked what my workflow is for color correction and editing of video. In response I will be posting an article on my workflow later on when I have time to document it with screen shots and maybe some video samples.
In the mean time, here is a direct update to the project. I am hard at work editing again, the missionaries at the Otammari project have been updating me with english translations of our French and Datammari interviews. We have chosen to start working on the Dendi Project film due to the fact that its easier to edit. As such we are aiming for that film to be released (hopefully) sometime in March. We don’t know yet when we will be airing the films, but we are going to send the files to be mass produced in DVD and (maybe) BlueRay in March. After that we will continue to work on the Otammari project film.
I should let you all know that there are many other ways you can keep up with these projects between my blog posts. I have this habit of updating my projects on both Facebook and Twitter. So if you are technically inclined to follow me on those social media platforms, please, feel free to do so. You will get many more updates on what is going on as-it-happens.
Anyway, thats all for now. I have got a lot of work to do and not much time to do it in. Until next time!
– Alexander Swensen